Keeping the lights onfor CNS
For the healthcare providers, patients, caregivers, advocates, and scientists, SK Life Science, Inc. (SKLSI) is here listening to your needs, developing new molecules, enhancing advocacy efforts, and providing solutions that change what’s possible in CNS treatment.
We currently have 8 compounds under clinical development in the CNS area.
We won’t rest in setting the stage for success in CNS
*Jazz Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a subsidiary of Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc.
On March 2, 2018, Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc announced that the US FDA accepted their New Drug Application for solriamfetol (JZP-110), an investigational medicine for the treatment of excessive sleepiness in adult patients with narcolepsy or obstructive sleep apnea.
Invigorating next-generation discovery
We are a group of scientists, inventors, and explorers working to unlock the complex mysteries of the brain
Leveraging technologies to include:
Target-based drug discovery techniques
High throughput organic screening (HTOS)/high content screening (HCS)
Computer-aided drug design (CADD)
Key R&D sectors
We deploy our technologies in the areas of biology/discovery, medicinal chemistry, and pharmacology. The goal of research in these areas is to bring meaningful products to market.
Select a sector for details
We are responsible for lead compound discovery and optimization. This sector:
- Identifies and validates signal and molecular targets
- Develops screening technologies
- Performs high-throughput screening (HTS) leveraging technologies
- Participates in joint studies on targets known to have high target-disease correlation
- Investigates the efficacy and safety of lead compounds
The medicinal chemistry sector of SK Life Science, Inc. (SKLSI) is responsible for:
- Identifying a wide array of drug candidates for CNS disorders
- Optimizing lead compounds in terms of their structure-activity relationships
- Developing processes for clinical candidates to lead compound discovery and optimization
To maximize efficiency, we have implemented a CADD system, a high-efficiency synthesis infrastructure, an established structure-diverse library, and a target focus library.
The pharmacology sector is responsible for research programs in which drug candidates are studied to enable prediction of drug activity in the human body.