Collection of Personal Information
“Personal Information” means information that identifies you individually, such as your name, address, email address, and phone number. It is generally not necessary to provide any Personal Information to use the Website.
In order to access certain features offered through the Website, you may be asked to provide some Personal Information. Most often, you will be asked to voluntarily provide your name, address, phone number, or email address. For example, we will ask for your name and contact information if you use the Website to send in a comment or question. You may decide to register for certain features or services, in which case you will be asked to create a username and password.
Use of Personal Information
If you decide to provide your Personal Information, We will use it in one or more of the following ways:
- To fulfill a request that you have made;
- To respond to a question or comment;
- To provide you with services for which you have signed up;
- To send you additional information about Our products and services;
- In the aggregate to help us evaluate and modify existing services and to help us develop additional services that are likely to be of interest to our users;
- As necessary to recognize you and allow you to log-on to certain pages and features for which you have registered;
- To respond to legal process; and
- To advertise and market related products and services to you, unless you opt-out of receiving marketing communications.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information in one or more of the following ways:
- We may disclose your Personal Information to Our corporate affiliates, subsidiaries and divisions. Any Personal Information provided to affiliated entities, subsidiaries or divisions will be treated in accordance with this Online Privacy Notice.
- We may share your Personal Information with third-party contractors as is necessary to respond to your requests for products and information, unless you have opted-out of receiving information. Third-party contractors may access your Personal Information to send you this information on Our behalf. We also may hire third-party technology providers to host the Website and to store your Personal Information. Finally, we may engage third-parties to upgrade, maintain and/or repair our computers, servers and other hardware and software and their activities may expose them to some Personal Information.
- SKLSI may disclose Personal Information when required by law or legal process, when necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of SKLSI, or when necessary to protect the personal safety of Website and App users and customers.
- We may provide Personal Information to a third-party in connection with the sale, assignment, or other transfer of the business of the Website to which the information relates, in which case We will require any such buyer to agree to treat the information collected in accordance with this Online Privacy Notice.
We do not disclose your Personal Information to third-parties for purposes of third-party marketing.
Personal Information: Opt-Out, Access and Correction
If We use your email address to send you email messages related to a product or service for which you have requested information, or to send you marketing emails with products or services We think you might like, you can always change your mind and ask Us to stop emailing you. You can do so by following the link to “Unsubscribe” from emails. You will be given an option to unsubscribe from all emails from SKLSI, or just a subset.
If We use your phone number to call you in connection with a product or service for which you have signed up, you can change your mind and ask Us not to call you anymore.
If We use your mailing address to send you materials and information through the mail that you have requested or that we believe would be of interest, you can change your mind and ask Us to stop sending such materials to you by mail.
If you would like to access your Personal Information, or request that your Personal Information be removed from our database, please contact SKLSI through our U.S. mail address listed below. SKLSI will use reasonable efforts to supply you with this information, to correct any factual inaccuracies that you identify, and to remove your information from our database.
Collection of Non-Personal Information
SKLSI also collects Non-Personal Information, which, alone, cannot be used to identify you. Examples of Non-Personal Information include gender, age, survey responses, page views, unique views, what you click on the Website, average time on the Website, browsers, operating systems, and Internet Protocol (“IP”) Address.
An IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. This number does not identify your name, e-mail address or other Personal Information.
Non-Personal Information is passively collected, which means that it is collected without you having to do anything, using the following tracking technologies:
“Cookies” are small text files that are placed on your browser, either for the duration of your Website session (called “session” cookies) or more permanently (called “persistent” cookies). Anonymous identifiers are sometimes used in place of cookies on mobile devices which may not support cookie technology.
Sometimes We work with third-parties who also place cookies on your hard drive. Before We enter into arrangements with third-parties, however, We require these third-parties to enter into an agreement with Us that they will comply with Our Online Privacy Notice.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons and Web Logs
Pixel tags, also known as web beacons, function similarly to cookies. A pixel tag is an invisible, one pixel-sized piece of code which transmits certain information to Our servers. They are placed on key pages, tools, and areas of the Website. When a visitor requests/visits/clicks on anything that includes a pixel tag, the information about the visitor’s action is recorded in a web log.
- Web Analytics
Use of Non-Personal Information
We will use your Non-Personal Information in one or more of the following ways:
- We use IP Address information to measure site traffic, to help Us to understand how people are using the Website, and to improve user experience.
- We use information collected in cookies and anonymous identifiers help to recognize repeat visitors, facilitate ongoing access to some Website, and allow Us to understand how and when pages are visited and by how many people.
- We use pixel tags and web beacons to track a visitor’s usage across various web pages on the Website. This information allows us to further customize your Website experience.
- We use pixel tags in our HTML-based emails to determine if you opened and replied to or forwarded emails. This information is used in aggregate for research to improve site content and usability and may be used by Us to provide you with additional information.
- We use Web Analytics to track visitor data for the purpose of Website optimization and to determine which audiences are visiting the Website.
- We use information collected in cookies from the Website to provide you with relevant advertising and product information that may be of interest after you leave the Website, unless you opt-out.
Non-Personal Information: Opt-Out Choices
You do have choices about how your Non-Personal Information is collected through these tracking technologies.
For the Website, you may opt to enable a feature on your browser that will erase cookies, block all cookies, or warn you before cookies are stored or exchanged. Please be aware, however, that some parts of the Website may no longer function properly if cookies are disabled.
You can disable pixel tags by changing your browser settings to omit images or through commercially available software packages.
Web Analytics offers an opt-out provision for Website visitors who do not want their data to be collected.
For more information on opting out of tracking over time and across third-party sites, please refer to the “Website Tracking and Online Behavioral Advertising” section of this Online Privacy Notice, below.
While SKLSI will take reasonable measures to protect the security of the Personal Information and Non-Personal Information collected through the Website, SKLSI cannot guarantee absolute security of the transmission of your information. By visiting the Website or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Website. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Website or sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice), please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Website and any accompanying services offered are not directed at children who are under 18 years of age. It is SKLSI’s policy to require that individuals requesting information on our products be 18 years of age or older.
Should we receive Personal Information from a person who we know is under 18, we will automatically delete such information from our database. The information will not be used for any purpose. If you believe that a person under 18 has provided us with his or her Personal Information, please notify us so that we can remove the information from our database.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
As a convenience to our visitors and users, SKLSI may offer links to of other sites that we believe may offer useful information. When you click on one of these links, you will be transferred from the Website and be connected to the site of the organization or company that you selected. The SKLSI Online Privacy Notice is no longer applicable when you leave our site by way of link. Each of these linked sites maintains its own independent privacy policies and procedures, which you should consult before providing any of your Personal Information. After choosing to move to a third-party’s website, you will receive a notification that you are leaving the Website.
WEBSITE TRACKING AND ONLINE BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING
We use Non-Personal Information collected through cookies in order to provide you with relevant advertising and product information of interest after you leave the Website. You can opt-out of that tracking by going to the Network Advertising Initiative’s website and opting out of tracking by advertising networks. The NAI’s website can be found at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices. Please understand that if you decide to opt out, you will still receive advertising online, but it may not be relevant to your interests or targeted based on your internet browsing activity.
We do not allow third-parties to collect Personal Information or Non-Personal Information about your online activities over time and across different sites when you use the Website, and we do not currently respond to browsers’ Do Not Track signals with respect to the Website.
The information on the Website is intended for use by U.S. residents only. Website may contain information about products not available in other countries or regions of the world or that may be available under a different trademark or name. Other countries may have laws, regulatory requirements, and medical practices that differ from those in the United States and may require different or additional information. Therefore, product information on may not be appropriate for residents of other countries. SKLSI transfers Personal Information and Non-Personal Information collected through the Website to the United States for processing.
CHANGES TO ONLINE PRIVACY NOTICE AND QUESTIONS
SKLSI reserves the right to modify, add or remove portions of this Online Privacy Notice at its discretion. If we decide to change this Online Privacy Notice, we will post those changes at this site. Continued use of our sites following any changes in our Online Privacy Notice indicates your consent to the use of newly submitted information in accordance with the amended Online Privacy Notice. If you would like your Personal Information removed following a change to the Online Privacy Notice, or if you have any questions about our Online Privacy Notice, this Website or its offerings, you may contact us online using our e-mail address email@example.com or you may write to us via the following address:
SK Life Science, Inc. (SKLSI).
22-10 State Route 208 South
Fair Lawn, New Jersey 07410
ATTN.: Law Department
Effective Date: October 23, 2017