Keeping the lights onfor CNS
For the healthcare providers, patients, caregivers, advocates, and scientists, SK Life Science, Inc. (SKLSI) is here listening to your needs, developing new molecules, enhancing advocacy efforts, and providing solutions that change what’s possible in CNS treatment.
SK life science and its parent company SK Biopharmaceuticals have 8 compounds under development globally.
SK life science is committed to accelerating the development of next generation treatments for CNS disorders. SK Biopharmaceuticals and SK life science independently developed XCOPRI® from inception through to FDA approval.
SK life science is committed to helping eligible patients have access to XCOPRI®. www.SKLSINavigator.com
The two companies also discovered and licensed-out the FDA and EMA-approved treatment Sunosi®* after completing phase 1 clinical trials.
*Rights to develop and commercialize solriamfetol worldwide, excluding certain jurisdictions in Asia, were licensed-out to Jazz Pharmaceuticals. SK Biopharmaceuticals maintains rights for the 12 Asian markets.
Our Global R&D Pipeline
*Jazz Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a subsidiary of Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc.
Invigorating next-generation discovery
We are a group of scientists, inventors, and explorers working to unlock the complex mysteries of the brain
Leveraging technologies to include:
Target-based drug discovery techniques
High throughput organic screening (HTOS)/high content screening (HCS)
Computer-aided drug design (CADD)
Key R&D sectors
We deploy our technologies in the areas of biology/discovery, medicinal chemistry, and pharmacology. The goal of research in these areas is to bring meaningful products to market.
Select a sector for details
We are responsible for lead compound discovery and optimization. This sector:
- Identifies and validates signal and molecular targets
- Develops screening technologies
- Performs high-throughput screening (HTS) leveraging technologies
- Participates in joint studies on targets known to have high target-disease correlation
- Investigates the efficacy and safety of lead compounds
The medicinal chemistry sector of SK Life Science, Inc. (SKLSI) is responsible for:
- Identifying a wide array of drug candidates for CNS disorders
- Optimizing lead compounds in terms of their structure-activity relationships
- Developing processes for clinical candidates to lead compound discovery and optimization
To maximize efficiency, we have implemented a CADD system, a high-efficiency synthesis infrastructure, an established structure-diverse library, and a target focus library.
The pharmacology sector is responsible for research programs in which drug candidates are studied to enable prediction of drug activity in the human body.
Medical Education Grant Request
Please complete and return the Medical Education Grant Request form and the outlined documents to request a Medical Education Grant. Grant requestors will be notified within 30 days of submission. The documents listed in the form must be submitted to Grants@SKLSI.com, along with a completed Medical Education Grant Request form.Medical Education Grant Request Form
Investigator Initiated Study Proposal Procedure
All requested information must be submitted to Grants@SKLSI.com. Decisions are made based on medical and scientific merit as well as available budget.
Following the submission:
- SK life science will acknowledge receipt of all Investigator Initiated Study proposals by email.
- The Investigator Initiated Study (IIS) Committee will review the form to determine SK life science initial interest in the proposal.
- The submitter will need to provide certain documents, including a full protocol, which will be reviewed by the IIS Committee if the Committee has interest in the proposal.
- A formal notification of the outcome of the review will be sent by email.
Vermont State Regulations
Colorado State Regulations