We are SK Life Science, a pharmaceutical company changing the future of CNS and oncology treatment.
SK Life Science is a subsidiary of SK Biopharmaceuticals, a company focused on developing innovative, next-generation drugs. Both are a part of SK Group, a global conglomerate headquartered in Korea, a leader in energy, chemical, semiconductor and telecommunications industries, and one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential Companies of 2023.
We believe there is more to life when you connect health with happiness.
Values Define Us
At SK Life Science, our work is guided by our core values. Together, we…
- Empower Excellence
- Are Fully Engaged
- Appreciate and Recognize People
- Embody A Pioneering Spirit
- Always Do The Right Thing
- Inspire Happiness!
We are committed to the patient communities we serve.
SK Life Science: A History of Discovery
SK Life Science is a subsidiary of SK Biopharmaceuticals. Together, we are focused on developing innovative, next-generation drugs. Both are part of SK Group, a global conglomerate headquartered in Korea.
Select A Year
Research and development of new medicines begins
A Global Presence
SK Life Science is a subsidiary of SK Biopharmaceuticals, Co., Ltd., and a part of SK Group—a global conglomerate investing in game-changing businesses in industries that include life sciences, semiconductors, and sustainable energy.
Commercialization of meaningful products for the treatment of CNS disorders and oncology.
SK Group Key Facts
Select A Year for Details
Established Sunkyoung Textiles
Become a global leader in the development of treatments that will help patients living with CNS disorders and cancer.
Pushing innovation forward together
Because more can be done when people come together, we seek partnerships with universities, government organizations, and pharmaceutical and biotech companies across multiple therapeutic areas.
Select A Relevant disorder for quick facts
- Around 50 million people worldwide have epilepsy, making it one of the most common neurological diseases globally. 3
- An estimated 3 million adults and 470,000 children live with epilepsy in the U.S.4
- Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome (LGS) is a severe and rare form of childhood-onset epilepsy.
- It is estimated that LGS affects approximately 1 to 2 per million individuals, accounting for less than 5% of all childhood epilepsy cases.5
- In the U.S. alone, it’s estimated that at least 25 million adults have obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).6
- Prevalence of obstructive sleep apnea with daytime sleepiness has been shown to increase with body mass index, in adults aged 50 to 70 years (8% to 43% in men; 3% to 21% in women).7
- Neuropathic pain has been reported to occur in about 1 in every 10 adults over age 30.8
- The high degree of patient burden associated with neuropathic pain is often associated with poor function, compromised health status and sleep, and increased anxiety and depression.9
- An estimated 6.7 million Americans age 65 and older are living with Alzheimer’s dementia in 2023.10
- In U.S. adults, lifetime prevalence of any anxiety disorder is 28.8%.11
- In U.S. adults, the lifetime prevalence of major depressive disorder is 16.6%.11
- In 2021, an estimated 21.0 million adults in the United States had at least one major depressive episode. This number represented 8.3% of all U.S. adults.12
- The cost of treatment and loss in productivity associated with schizophrenia are estimated to be more than $60 billion annually in the U.S.13
- Schizophrenia is one of the top 15 leading causes of disability worldwide.14
- Across studies that use household-based survey samples, clinical diagnostic interviews, and medical records, estimates of the prevalence of schizophrenia and related psychotic disorders in the U.S. range between 0.25% and 0.64%.14
Ethics & Compliance Program
SK Life Science, Inc. (SKLSI) is committed to conducting business honestly, ethically, and in compliance with laws and regulations
Our goal is to conduct business and promote our products in an informed, compliant manner.
Our program is tailored to meet the standards set forth by the Office of Inspector General (OIG) for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services in its Compliance Program Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers, as well as other relevant industry guidance and laws.
The SKLSI Compliance and Ethics Hotline offers employees, business partners, customers, and members of the public the opportunity to report concerns about potential misconduct or unethical behavior. To submit a question or concern, please contact our anonymous hotline at 833-490-0007, or visit www.lighthouse-services.com/sklsi or SK Whistleblowing Portal https://ethics.sk.co.kr.
CA Annual Declaration of Compliance
SK Life Science, Inc. has a Comprehensive Compliance Program (CCP) in accordance with the requirements set forth by California Health & Safety Code §§ 119400-119402. To view SKLSI’s declaration of compliance, click the link below:
Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption Policy
SK Life Science, Inc. has a policy that establishes the requirement for SKLSI Associates to conduct all business ethically and in accordance with all applicable anti-bribery and anti-corruption (ABAC) laws and regulations in the jurisdictions in which SKLSI does business.
- The Korea Herald. SK Group emerges as No. 2 conglomerate in 2021. Updated February 9, 2022. Accessed August 9, 2023.
- Data on file, SK Life Science.
- World Health Organization. Key Facts. Accessed August 9, 2023.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Epilepsy. Epilepsy Fast Facts. Who Has Epilepsy. Active Epilepsy. Accessed August 9, 2023.
- NIH. National Library of Medicine. MedlinePlus. Genetics. Genetic Conditions. Lennox-Gastaut syndrome. Accessed August 9, 2023.
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine. Rising prevalence of sleep apnea in U.S. threatens public health. Published September 29, 2014. Accessed August 9, 2023.
- Peppard PE, Young T, Barnet JH, Palta M, Hagen EW, Hla KM. Increased prevalence of sleep-disordered breathing in adults. Am J Epidemiol. 2013 May 1;177(9):1006-14. doi: 10.1093/aje/kws342. Epub 2013 Apr 14. PMID: 23589584; PMCID: PMC3639722. Accessed August 9, 2023.
- Yawn BP, Wollan PC, Weingarten TN, Watson JC, Hooten WM, Melton LJ 3rd. The prevalence of neuropathic pain: clinical evaluation compared with screening tools in a community population. Pain Med. 2009 Apr;10(3):586-93. doi: 10.1111/j.1526-4637.2009.00588.x. Epub 2009 Mar 17. Erratum in: Pain Med. 2011 Aug;12(8):1294. PMID: 20849570; PMCID: PMC2964880. Accessed August 9, 2023.
- Schaefer C, Mann R, Sadosky A, et al. Burden of illness associated with peripheral and central neuropathic pain among adults seeking treatment in the United States: a patient-centered evaluation. Pain Med. 2014;15(12):2105-2119.
- 2023 Alzheimer’s Disease Facts and Figures. Alzheimers Dement 2023;19(4). DOI 1002/alz.13016. Facts-And-Figures-2023-At-A-Glance-Stats-Fact-Sheet.pdf (alz.org).
- Kessler RC, Berglund P, Demler O, Jin R, Merikangas KR, Walters EE. Lifetime prevalence and age-of-onset distributions of DSM-IV disorders in the National Comorbidity Survey Replication. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2005;62(6):593-602. Accessed August, 9, 2023.
- National Institute of Mental Health. Major Depression. Published January 2022. NIMH » Major Depression (nih.gov) Accessed August 9, 2023.
- Wu EQ, Birnbaum HG, Shi L, et al. The economic burden of schizophrenia in the United States in 2002 [abstract]. J Clin Psychiatry. 2005;66(9):1122-1129. Accessed August 9, 2023.
- National Institute of Mental Health. Schizophrenia. NIMH » Schizophrenia (nih.gov) Accessed August 9, 2023.